Versus the old way to sell your vehicle.
ADESA is Canada’s most trusted vehicle reseller
We work with you to set your asking price
We take care of everything from pictures to payment
No more negotiating, test drives, or unexpected surprises
How It Works
It all happens with these four easy steps
- Fill out our vehicle appraisal form and an ADESA rep will reach out to help you determine the value of your vehicle.
- Set your asking price then transport your vehicle to the nearest ADESA location.
- Receive an offer from the highest bidder after each weekly auction.
- Accept the best offer and get paid the next day.
Our five guarantees
- Three Auction Runs
- Market Guide Appraisal
- Hand Delivered Cheque
- Condition Report
- Pre Sale Inspection
Additional Services ($)
- Full Vehicle Detail
- Vehicle Transportation
- Mechanical Repairs
Once You’ve Decided
We are here to help.
Transporting Your Vehicle To ADESA
To get your vehicle down to our auction, you can either drop it off yourself during our office hours, or for a small fee, we can pick it up for you — even if it’s not in running condition. Watch our video for more details.
Using Our Market Guide
Our national market guide gives you access to data on all vehicles sold at ADESAs across Canada in the last 90 days. This helps you accurately evaluate the worth of your vehicle at ADESA, so you have an idea of what to expect at the auction before you get started. Watch the video to learn more about our evaluation criteria.
What You’ll Need To Bring
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely not, but we will still run the offer by you. You ultimately have the final say for any offers that are under your minimum sale price. However, if the offer hits or exceeds your minimum sale price, we will accept the offer on your behalf.
The fees depend on how much your vehicle ends up selling for. Here are some examples:
- Sale price of $5000 = Fee of $445
- Sale price of $10,000 = Fee of $570
- Sale price of $15,000 = Fee of $695
- Sale price of $20,000 = Fee of $745
In the off-chance that your vehicle does not sell after 3 live auctions, we would only charge a fee of $149. This includes the $35 vehicle history report that we would have to perform. We will supply you with a copy of the report.
- A transfer of ownership (document varies depending on province)
- A photocopy of your driver’s license
- Also note that your vehicle will also need to be free and clear of any liens (any debt owing on the vehicle).
Your vehicle will run in 3 different live auctions. Additionally, it will be posted up on our daily online auction. This way, we know we’ve hit all of our potential buyers.
That’s okay! Around 90 per cent of the vehicles we sell are not safety certified. All we need to do is declare any major problems with the vehicle.
We strongly advise keeping the insurance on your vehicle or at least having storage Insurance to make sure you’re covered for any acts of nature. Better safe than sorry.